- AC cleaning at home is mandatory. In the car it's not. But it's also an AC, even more polluted than the one at home.
- The regular FILTER CHANGE is not AC cleaning. The filter normally filter only bigger particles like leaves from the street.
- The real "problem zones" (after the air went through the filter) where bacteria, mould, fungi etc. grow are the COOLING COIL and the FILTER BOX. Both normally remain untouched in a regular car servicing. In combination with moisture, dirt and humidity, the narrow spaces between the cooling fins provide an ideal breeding ground for bacteria, mould, germs and other micro organisms. As a result, depending on the weather and use of the CAR AC, the health of drivers and passengers inside the car can be affected within a very short time.
- If the cooling fins are blocked, the cooling function of the AC can be reduced.
- If the cooling coil is completely blocked, no cleaning is possible anymore - then the workshop needs to replace it and this can be very expensive.